Software driver development
Software driver development is one of the basic parts of automotive system architecture. It allows programs to access hardware. Hence, it provides a software interface, to which the hardware is connected.
Through software drivers, the user of the vehicle can make a command that translates to the driver, which is an important component part of software engineering services.
Software drivers development – enabling commands
Software driver development requires a very good understanding of software and hardware. Erroneous programming can crush a system. Hence, these tasks require automotive engineers.
Since software drivers enable hardware, there is a symbiosis between software and hardware, which leads to the same between the vehicle and the driver.
As automotive technology evolved rapidly, so did the independence of the driver. With complex driver-assistance systems (ADAS) many essential driver functions are being assisted or even automated.
The ADAS market is estimated to reach over USD 130 billion by 2027.
- GPT Driver – Initializes GPT, performs timer count Communication Drivers
- LIN Driver – Initializes LIN, performs LIN input/output I/O, Drivers
- PORT – Performs MCU pin settings (I/O, shared functions)
- Digital Input / Output – Performs port signal input/output
- Analog Digital Converter – Device driver using on-chip MCU time